A blocked drain is never pleasant, and by the time you realise the drain is clogged up, damage to your property could have already occurred. So what are some of the early warning signs that something sinister might be happening down your drains? These are our top five symptoms.
- The gully traps outside your house are overflowing. This is the most obvious sign of a blockage that needs urgent attention.
- Sinks, showers and baths are making gurgling sounds, or you see small air bubbles in the toilet bowl water.
- New wet patches are appearing in your lawn or garden that weren’t there before.
- A strong sewer smell in your home.
- Toilets, baths, showers and sinks are slow to drain.
If you’re experiencing any of these, you could have a blocked drain. So what should you do? Our advice is to monitor the situation to see if the symptoms settle down. If the problem doesn’t go away or comes back within two weeks, it’s time to call a drain un-blocking specialist, before the blockage causes expensive damage to your home. Alternatively you should contact a Tauranga plumbing company, as they’ll be able to take an alternative approach to this.
Got a drain that needs unblocking? Contact us now to discuss how we can help.